JOB TITLE: System Support Officer
JOB TYPE: Full time on contract employment
LOCATION: Biofarms Limited Office, Thika (Athena, off Thika – Garissa road)
Biofarms Limited is a leading horticultural production and marketing company, specializing in fruits. We envision being the leading dealer and exporter of organic certified Fruits in Kenya. Biofarms prides itself in quality and reliability, positioning as a supplier of choice in the horticulture export sector. Please refer to our website www.biofarms.co.ke for further information
PURPOSE OF JOB/Position
The position is to provide support in implementation and daily management and operation of a digital management system with various functionalities including a farmers database.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief executive Officer or designated authority, the position will be responsible for system support in the establishment and operation of an appropriate business enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. The ERP system is responsible for managing daily operations embracing not the office core operations as well the full supply value chain from farmer onboarding, farm operation, sourcing, processing, and dispatch.
Specifically, you will undertake the following roles and responsibilities.
1. Provide support during the identification, planning, and implementation. He/she will ensure compliance by the selected vendor.
2. In close coordination with relevant departments/units, identify data and ensure information needs are fully captured in the establishment of the system.
3. Provide support in training users as the lead resource person.
4. Provide ongoing support to all users to ensure efficient and smooth operation.
5. In close collaboration with other users and departments ensure regularly and fully up to date database is maintained.
6. Provide regular reports to focal team leads and management as agreed.
7. Provide support office IT support in maintenance, networking among others.
8. Proactively provide highlight reports and alerts on the incidence that require attention to remedy unacceptable practices.
9. Provide highlights and recommendations on good practices for implementation.
10. Act as the custodian of all company database and documents in oversight.
11. Undertake any other duties related to the function as may be assigned from time to time.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• University degree or equivalent experience in Computer field
• Diploma in the relevant field in computer with additional one (1) year of experience
• Minimum 2 years experience in supporting end-users in using core business applications such as financial, HR or ERP systems,
• knowledge and experience with various software for back end and front end (in areas of incident and problem management),
• Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Well organized with strong data management and maintenance skills, including data quality analysis
• Knowledge of managing recent Windows operating systems
Core values and Required skills:
• Good planning skills, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
• Highly reliable, dependable, and trustworthy personality,
• Client-oriented, demonstrated communication skills
• Team player and good team management skills
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a one-page application cover letter and updated curriculum vitae with 3 professional referees by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org The deadline for application is Sunday 1st August 2021.
Please indicate the title of the position on the e-mail subject
+254 723 078 250 | email@example.com | © 2021 biofarms.co.ke
P.o Box 7277 - 01000, Thika - Kenya. The Avocado Complex - Athena, Off Thika - Garissa Highway