JOB TITLE: Customer Service Officer
JOB TYPE: Full-time on contract employment
LOCATION: Biofarms Limited, Head Office in Thika.
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Administration Officer or designated Authority
Biofarms Limited is a leading horticultural production and marketing company,
specializing in fruits, mainly avocado, mango and passion fruits. We envision to
be the leading dealer and exporter of organic certified Fruits in Kenya. Biofarms
prides itself in quality, transparency, and reliability, positioning itself as a supplier of
choice in the horticulture export sector. Please refer to our website
www.biofarms.co.ke for further information.
PURPOSE OF JOB / POSITION
Reporting to the Administration Officer, the Customer Service Officer will ensure
management of the front office, execution of the best Biofarms customer
experience to our partners, suppliers, and farmers by providing support on all
enquiries, and assist in general administrative functions.
Specifically, s/he will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Provide front office, and administrative support to the office and
2. Respond to general partners, suppliers and farmer enquiries and
complaints in a timely manner and follow up to ensure issues are
resolved to satisfaction and in line with the company policy.
3. Consistently inform and educate suppliers and farmers on Biofarms
products on the social media platforms while maintaining a positive
4. keeping a track record of all calls, chats, emails etc. and follow
through to a satisfactory end.
5. Ensure superior customer care to all clients, staff, and visitors.
6. Ensure prompt and efficient initiation and reception of calls including
identifying the caller’s requirements and referencing appropriately.
7. Ensure organization of the reception.
8. Ensure continuous update and maintenance of the office extension list.
9. Ensure accurate maintenance of boardroom calendars and provision of
10. Any other task related to the business as may requested from time to
a) At least diploma in Business Administration, Customer Service, Horticulture,
Agriculture, Agronomy, or related discipline.
b) Certificate plus two year of additional practical experience in similar position
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
a) At least 2 years of relevant experience in customer care, front office,
customer/clients liaison, and/or related communication role.
b) Excellent organizational and communication skills.
c) Good oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
d) Experience in the agricultural sector / Avocado export industry is a distinct
e) Conversant with social media marketing and digital platforms.
a) A proven ability to work in a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit an application cover letter
and detailed CV with contact details of two referees to email@example.com to be
received latest by Tuesday 18th May 2021. Please indicate the title of the position
in the e-mail subject.
Biofarms Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer, female candidates
are encouraged to apply for the published position.
+254 723 078 250 | firstname.lastname@example.org | © 2021 biofarms.co.ke
P.o Box 7277 - 01000, Thika - Kenya. The Avocado Complex - Athena, Off Thika - Garissa Highway