JOB TITLE: Accountant (Responsible for Accounts and Administration)
JOB TYPE: Full-time on contract employment
LOCATION: Thika, Kenya, at Biofarms Limited Facility.
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Managing Director or designated Authority
Biofarms Limited is a leading horticultural production and marketing company,
specializing in fruits, mainly avocado, mango and passion fruits. We envision to be the
leading dealer and exporter of organic certified Fruits in Kenya. Biofarms prides itself in
quality and reliability, positioning as a supplier of choice in the horticulture export
sector. Please refer to our website www.biofarms.co.ke for further information
PURPOSE OF JOB / POSITION
To purpose of the position is;
1. Financial Management and strategy for the organization – leading the financial
2. Management Accounting strategy – costing and tail management
3. Responsibility over overall procurement strategy and policies
4. Administration and legal compliance
The Accounts and Administration Officer / Accountant is overall responsible for the
overall financial management of the company in line with company financial policies
and Standard Operating Procedures. She / he will ensure a prudent and sound
financial management of company. Specifically, the following are the principal
1. Consolidated financial plan based on business plan, annual, 3-year and 5-year
operational plans. Business financing plan.
2. Consolidated KPIs for the organization as part of management accounting
systems and tail management. KPIs reporting templates and systems for the
3. Consolidated year-end accounts, monthly income statements, cash-flow,
balance sheet, capital expenditure
4. Accounts receivables and accounts payables plan for the organization and age
analysis reports for the same.
5. Asset register for the organization, insurance of assets
6. Procurement policy and plan, including SOPs
7. Legal compliance documentation and licenses including company registration,
tax compliance and reporting.
8. Financial investment decisions based on objective analysis.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. Qualified Accountant (with relevant certifications: CPA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
2. At least 4 years’ financial management experience within the fresh produce or
3. Strong IT skills, particularly with Excel/Spreadsheets. Strong report writing and
communication skills, with effective and proactive management approach
Core values and Required skills:
4. Good planning skills, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
5. Highly reliable, dependable and trustworthy personality,
6. Client oriented, demonstrated communication skills
7. Team player and good team management skills
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a one-page application
cover letter and updated curriculum vitae with 3 professional referees to
email@example.com. The deadline for application is Friday 9th April 2021. Applications will
be accepted until the position is filled.
+254 723 078 250 | firstname.lastname@example.org | © 2021 biofarms.co.ke
Aviation Centre, Block 43, North Airport Road, Nairobi, Kenya